It is no longer news that Pastor Enoch Adejare has stepped down as the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) in Nigeria.
He made the announcement on Saturday, December 7, as his members and all the lovers of the man of God were stunned since they were not expecting such a shocking move by the world renowned leader.
Pastor Adeboye became the GO of the RCCG in 1991 and at age 74 (after more than two decades in the same post), he decided to allow a ‘fresh blood’ in the frame of Pastor Joseph Obayemi, to take the mantle of leadership from him in Nigeria while he remains the worldwide leader of the ministry.
Many Nigerians, unlike RCCG members, are not totally conversant with the man who is to now become the new face of the ministry, therefore, we present six solid facts you should know about the man who will now head the church in Nigeria.
1. Pastor Obayemi was picked from Lagos state, as he was the clergyman in charge of Lagos Province 28, Region 2.
2. As one of the prominent ministers of the assembly, he has been one of the decision makers as a member of the governing council of RCCG.
3. He also seems to be a trustworthy fellow to have been picked by Pastor Adeboye as he was a deputy in charge of Finance.
4. The incoming GO also headed the board of governors, House fellowship of the RCCG body.
5. His selection may also have been based on the fact that he was a special assistant to Daddy GO on Finance PICR in the region where he was the pastor.
6. In 2015, he laid the foundation of the place of worship of the province, although it was a temporary site.